Trans-Pacific Radio has posted their interview with Arudou Debito on Sunday, March 3rd.
The four of them settle into a pretty good rapport; I wish there were more time to cover all the topics. Points of interest:
- "Japanese is a function of legality."
- Nonacceptance of non-Japanese institutionalized by governance
- Butter in the media
- Does Japan have its version of the "American dream"?
- Obligation to educate foreigners, or foreign-looking nationals
- Racial discrimination in Japan, and hopefully future legislation
Apparently we've got quite a few Eagle Scouts on the blogroll. Add me to the list - September 10th, 2000.
Kyoto’s fifty most overrated tourist spots
1 week ago