I'm shadowing TPR of course (sorry Ken!), but I have been meaning to post the top search terms and a summary of the blog for some time.
1. This past year I joined the Japanese workforce in June 2006 as a language consultant in the world of the Japanese eikaiwa (英会話). The blog began regular updates shortly thereafter under the title "Gaijin on the Run".
2. Began my travels in Japan. So far (in terms of cities, not experiences) I have been to Osaka, Hiroshima, Kure, Imabari, Onomichi, Miyajima, Sapporo, Matsuyama, Beppu, Kumamoto, Aso-san, Nagasaki, Fukuoka, Shimonoseki, Kokura, Iwakuni, Okayama, and Tokyo. I will be visiting Himeji, Nara, Kyoto, and Wakayama this weekend.
3. Following a series of errors on both my part and the part of my employer, I grew uncomfortable with my work situation in Japan. This was further exacerbated by legitimate cultural differences that I had written about.
4. Begin to take a more serious approach in my blogging. Instead of focusing entirely on personal experiences, keep readers up to date with current news in Japan - this included the arrest of NOVA teachers, the Gaijin Ura Hanzai File, racial discrimination in Japan, and the murder of Lindsay Ann Hawker. Continue to stay away from ridiculous things like funny Engrish, and still touched upon cultural differences in the workplace.
5. A revelation in February. Better late than never.
Top search terms
Lindsay Ann Hawker murder Japan
Cherry blossom season japan
Cultural differences workplace japan
Seishun juhachi kippu, moonlight nagara
Beppu onsen, jigoku
Bathing etiquette onsen bad
NOVA teachers marijuana
Other search terms
Gaijin on the run
Foreign Talent Club
Acting, modeling in Japan
Brit in Hokkaido
Made of Japan
Averaging about 100 hits a day
Uncertain at this point. I recently called for options about my decision to stay in Japan, and was met with a few things I had not considered. I am still waiting to hear about a job in Kagoshima, so will hold off judgment until then. Wish me luck.
Kyoto’s fifty most overrated tourist spots
1 week ago