With the fingerprinting and photographing system in place at all ports of entry, I would like to hear from people over Skype or email about their experiences. Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions, but in particular, I'm looking for:
1. Permanent residents who were separated from their families
2. Anyone who registered for and used the automated gate system
3. People who were mistakenly directed into the "foreign guests" line by immigration officials, despite being exempt
4. Those who had trouble with the scanning equipment
5. Foreign visitors to Japan who have Japanese ancestry, or look "Japanese"