Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your eyes. My lack of blogging to date has been due to my pending recovery (almost able to do normal pushups) and other financial issues. In any case, it's fair to tell you: I will be leaving Japan in June 2008.
Where am I going?
Thai Muang in Thailand, just north of the city of Phuket.
What am I going to do?
I'll be teaching English for two months (perhaps longer) with a volunteer program I discovered on Matador Travel. The program provides room and board, but I may be cutting my finances a little close by traveling on the weekends.
What do I need to do before I leave?
- Prepare the paperwork to get my Japanese pension reimbursed
- Get a non-immigrant visa at the Thailand Consulate in Osaka
- Settle all bills for internet, water, gas, power
- Sell most of my personal effects
- Pay a month's rent for ending my lease early (standard leases are for two years)
- Do everything I can possibly do online
- Head to Fukuoka after my lease in Kagoshima ends and relax
I'm traveling to Amami Oshima to study up on Saigo Takamori and enjoy some nice beaches before I leave work this month, but I'm far from finished from blogging. Keeping sending me emails if you have questions about Japan or traveling around Asia. I'll be posting my experiences on Kirishima, Amami Oshima, and leaving Japan before I go, and this blog will remain up in its entirety for all eternity. There may even be a "Keeping Pace in Thailand" in the works... we'll see...
Posted by Turner at 7:52 PM