Monday, July 13, 2009
I've been considering looking at employment in Taiwan following my adventures in New Zealand. Why, you might reasonably ask?
- Japanese hot springs are available (due to the occupation)
- Chance to learn Japanese history from the other side of the equation
- Island nation
- (Hopefully) access to really remote Japanese islands
- A quasi-Japanese culture (effects of occupation, similar Chinese influence)
- Cheap to live, decent salaries for foreign workers
- Pollution; anyone know how bad it is?
- The world of grey, i.e. endless cityscape, fewer rural places
- May be too crowded even for me
Thoughts from readers? Anyone happen to be in Taiwan now?
Posted by Turner at 12:18 PM