Trans-Pacific Radio has posted their interview with Arudou Debito on Sunday, March 3rd.
The four of them settle into a pretty good rapport; I wish there were more time to cover all the topics. Points of interest:
– "Japanese is a function of legality."
– Nonacceptance of non-Japanese institutionalized by governance
– Butter in the media
– Does Japan have its version of the "American dream"?
– Obligation to educate foreigners, or foreign-looking nationals
– Racial discrimination in Japan, and hopefully future legislation
Apparently we’ve got quite a few Eagle Scouts on the blogroll. Add me to the list – September 10th, 2000.